We Are Here for You
As a small family-run business, Porto Vista Hotel knows the importance of family and protecting the health of loved ones. Amid the pandemic, all of our lives have changed dramatically and in accordance with California’s executive order to stay home the best way to get through this difficult time is to remain separated from the ones we love. Below is a statement from our general manager:
To our Guests,
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you are the Porto Vista Hotel.
We wanted to take this opportunity to inform you that we are currently open for lodging in little Italy at a reduced capacity to assist with physical distancing and to comply with state and local guidelines.
We are committed as always to providing a clean and safe environment now offering additional sanitizing stations, social distancing, reduced elevation occupancy, awareness signage, increased hand hygiene, mask, gloves, sanitizer wipes and more restrictions for employees to help combat any spread of the virus. We also provide mask to our guests if they do not have one.
As we are taking steps to ensure the safety of our team members and guests, we ask our guests to be mindful and cautious. Do not visit the hotel within the last 14 days if you have been sick or had any suspected symptoms of COVID-19, contact with anyone with COVID-19 or have traveled internationally. While at the hotel, please ensure you are washing and sanitizing your hands frequently and are not having any unnecessary contact with anyone outside of your immediate family.
The food and beverage facility located at the hotel is currently closed except for a limited breakfast service due to COVID-19. However, there are several nearby restaurants offering pick-up, delivery and curbside services.
We look forward to welcoming our guests back to the Porto Vista Hotel in the heart of Little Italy and thank you for your continued support. We appreciate it. We could not be who we are without you and your support over the years.
All the best,
Arnold Ming Acting General Manager
We are committed to taking proper health precautions and are closely monitoring guidance from public health officials with increased sanitation measures taken throughout our property.
We are here for you.
The Porto Vista Hotel Family
For more information on COVID-19, please refer to the available resources below:
To ensure guest safety, here are a few of our new hotel guidelines:
- GlassDoor Restaurant located on the 4th Floor of the hotel will remain closed until further notice. View eateries just steps away here
- The front desk has hand sanitizer and latex gloves available for every interaction.
- Our staff is provided with gloves for all interactions and transactions.
- A queuing system in the hotel lobby indicates the CDC’s recommended 6-foot social distancing guidelines.
- The hotel provides alternative outdoor seating for guests waiting to be checked-in.
- After check-in, our front desk staff will direct guests to the elevator, a one-person per elevator ride is advised.
- Once in the room, we encourage guests to wash hands with soap and water for 20-30 seconds.
- Some amenities will be restricted until State guidelines are provided and approved such as the fitness center, spool, and shuttle services.
- We will arrange cleaning services only when the guest is out of the room to ensure a safe distance between all guests and staff.
- We will work with all guests to create a cleaning schedule that limits contact with others and provides a safe space where guests can wait.